Biff Guevara's inclusive coverage of NZ's 2005 General Election

Politics, society and satire in New Zealand. Commentary on the New Zealand 05 general election. Observations on what's going on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rangiora, New Zealand

Older and wiser. Living a dream.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Getting Started

In the beginning there was an idea. And the idea was okay. The idea was to prove that I could write a regular column and get into a newspaper.

The problem was nearly making it, and just missing out on three occassions to other people. And so I decided to keep writing my columns, but after a few weeks, it seemed a little pointless. So I stopped.

Then came 2005 and our general election; it was always going to come. New Zealand has them every three years. In fact they're so popular, that under our MMP system combined with voter ignorance, we're going to start electing unstable governments and have a lot more elections, sort of like Italy.

I used to work in the Beehive. Years ago. I have almost been a candidate. I'm sort of centrist, much as I'd rather not be. I'll leave you to work out which side of the centre I prefer.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home